Crofts Veterinary Practice acknowledge that our operations have an impact on the environment and we are committed to improving our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations.
We are proud that Crofts Veterinary Practice are working towards their Bronze accreditation from Investors in the Environment (iiE).
We have identified key areas that contribute our environmental and carbon footprint:
- consumption of electricity, gas, water and other fuels
- use of anaesthetic gases
- waste generation
- transport emissions
- use of raw materials, including materials and medications
procured goods and services with their own environmental impact
Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and public/customer expectations
- monitoring our key resource usage and implementing conservation techniques to achieve our environmental targets
- implement a waste/recycling policy and sustainable procurement policy
- minimising unsustainable transport use
- take part in One Health sustainability project with our Associates
- working with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and transportation
- publishing and distribution of an annual organisational sustainability report
We will continue to improve our environmental management system by working to the Investors in the Environment (iiE) criteria, considering any changes in legislation, our organisation, and other factors. We will convey this policy to all our employees ensuring that they are provided with training to increase awareness of environmental matters.
Alex Voller Chapman at Alder and Alice Lynch at Crofts are our Sustainability Leads and have designated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy. The policy will be reviewed every year as part of the organisations overall environment management plan.
Name: Alice Lynch
Position: Investors in the Environment Lead for Crofts Veterinary Practice
Name: Elizabeth Wozniak
Position: Clinical Director for Alder & Crofts Veterinary Practice
Contact details for sustainability enquiries:
Ellie West, Clinical Veterinary Anaesthetist